The Grade Two students headed outdoors, armed with compasses, to further develop their mapping skills and apply their knowledge of directionality to get from one place to another.
- “You need to know directions.”
- “If you get lost, you know to use the directions to get home.”
- “Use a GPS- a device on a phone or computer that tells directions.”
- “If you don’t have a GPS, you can use a map.”
Questions to further investigate…
- Can people with bare hands draw a map if they are not an expert?
- Can you make maps using different things (materials)?
- How does a compass work?
- How many countries are in the world?
- Why is the world full of colour?