We are happy to announce that Richland Academy is growing! Bring your positive energy, experience with children, and creative ideas to our amazing Kindergarten program.
Supply – Registered Early Childhood Educator
Do you have a passion for working with young children? Do you love to see the joy in a childs face when they master a new skill or learn a new concept? Do you like to work with supportive colleagues in a child-focussed organization? If so, come and join Richlands Early Years team.
Who We Are
Richland Academy is a warm and welcoming International Baccalaureate candidate school in Richmond Hill, Ontario. We are a 21st century learning community that embraces the Reggio approach to inquiry-based learning and provides opportunities for our students to develop keen critical thinking competencies as they explore, investigate, collaborate and communicate with one another from pre-Kindergarten to Grade 8.
The successful candidate for our Registered Early Childhood Educator (RECE) Supply position will operate in the classroom as a co-learner, researcher and teaching partner with their students. The position includes providing supervision and age appropriate learning for groups of students as part of the extended day program.
Qualifications and Expertise
The ideal candidate will have:
- a positive outlook on life
- strong communication skills (oral and written)
- understanding of the stages and theories of child development
- proven ability to communicate in a professional manner with children, parents, staff and the general public
- ability and willingness to follow organizational policies and procedures in an appropriate and timely manner
- strong organization and time management skills
- an open mind and a willingness to learn new things
- college or university qualifications in Early Childhood Education or equivalent
- membership in good standing with the Ontario College of Early Childhood Educators
- knowledge and understanding of the Reggio Emilia Approach is an asset
- experience in an IB (International Baccalaureate) school is an asset
- ability to speak Mandarin, Cantonese, Russian, or Farsi is an asset
Please note: Current Standard First Aid/CPR certification, TB clearance, and Vulnerable Sector Screening clearance are required for this position.
Interested applicants should send cover letter and resume to the attention of Mrs. Neumann-Causi via email at: [email protected]
We thank all applicants; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.